- Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped. Host a poetry slam to educate others on racism and reduce prejudice in your community.
- African Americans make up 57% of the people in state prisons for drug offenses.
- Reports show that nearly 50% of Americans under 18 are minorities. The trend projects a reversal in the population where by 2030, the majority of people under 18 will be of color, and by 2042 nonwhites will be the majority of the U.S. population.
- In the early 20th century, some churches in the U.S. would hang a pinewood slab on the door with a comb hanging from a string. A person could enter only if his or her skin was lighter than the pinewood and if they could run the comb through their hair without it snagging.
- According to federal statistics, one in four students reports being a target of ethnic or racial bias in a typical school year.
Feel free to use content on this page for your website or blog, we only ask that you reference content back to us. Use the following code to link this page:
Trouble finding racial discrimination slogans content for a t shirt or campaign? Here are some search terms related to anti segregation slogans to try browsing:
Best Slogans © 2017
ANTI RACISM SLOGANS
Related Topics: Black Lives Matter Slogans Feminist Slogans Women Empowerment Slogans
Anti Racism Slogans Generator
Racism Slogan List
Anti-racism is the active process of identifying and eliminating racism by changing systems, organizational structures, policies and practices and attitudes, so that power is redistributed and shared equitably.
Anti-racism examines the power imbalances between racialized people and non-racialized/white people. These imbalances play out in the form of unearned privileges that white people benefit from and racialized people do not.
Quotes on race and discrimination
- "It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences." -Audre Lorde
- "Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong." -Muhammad Ali
- "I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls." -Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Our true nationality is mankind." -H.G. Wells
- "No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them." -Elie Wiesel