- The sport of rugby is named after Rugby School, where the game was first played. The game is said to have been invented in 1823.
- As rugby balls and footballs were made from pigs' bladders and they had to be blown up by breath alone, it was possible to become ill if blowing up a diseased bladder.
- The first time a national anthem was sung before a sporting event happened, kind of spontaneously, before a rugby game.
Feel free to use content on this page for your website or blog, we only ask that you reference content back to us. Use the following code to link this page:
Trouble finding content for a t shirt or campaign? Here are some search terms related to to try browsing:
Best Slogans © 2017
Related Topics: Best Sports Team Slogans Cricket Slogans Football Slogans Locker Room Slogans Soccer Slogans
Rugby Slogans Generator
Rugby Slogans List
Both the fans and players are so unbelievably passionate about the sport of rugby. In how many other intensely confrontational sports can you mingle with opposition fans and be able to share some great banter?
Checkout our list of great rugby slogans and mottos below:
The best collection of rugby quotes:
- "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts." -Henry Blaha
- "I prefer rugby to soccer. I enjoy the violence in rugby, except when they start biting each other's ears off." -Elizabeth Taylor
- "Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the center of the city." -Oscar Wilde
- "Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." -Winston Churchill
- "Beer and Rugby are more or less synonymous." -Chris Laidlaw